Here’s How Smart Surveillance Can Help Your Orange County Home
There are many reasons homeowners decide to invest in security cameras. Some folks can’t bear to leave their dogs home alone during the day. Others travel often and want to keep an eye on their property.
If you’re deciding on a home surveillance system, there are many benefits and technology features to consider. We’re a security camera installation company based in Newport Beach, CA, and have installed systems across Orange County for the past decade. Read on to discover the many ways smart security will grant you peace of mind.
How You’ll Use Security Cameras
You may be surprised by the numerous ways to use your surveillance cameras, including:
- Video Baby Monitor: Check on your child’s safety anytime from your phone or tablet, whether you’re in the backyard or on a date night, making sure everything goes smoothly with the sitter.
- Pet Cam: Going on a weekend trip and leaving the cat at home? Worried about the dogs while you’re at work? Two-way audio and video let you take a peek at your pets and communicate back to them.
- Wildlife Watch: If your cameras catch motion in the front or backyard, use your system to stay alert on any animals on the property.
- Smart Home Trigger: Sync your surveillance cameras smart lighting to activate lights on the front steps when cameras detect activity.
- Virtual Doorbell: Use your security cameras as a doorbell intercom to let mail carriers know they can drop packages off. Remotely unlock the door for the pet sitter or ask a stranger how you can help them.
- Keep an Eye on the Kids: Give your tweens and teenagers more freedom knowing security cameras have your back. Whether they walk home from school alone or spend afternoons with friends over, you know they’re safe.
- See Who’s Coming and Going: If many people pass through your home, including landscapers, babysitters, or house cleaners, you’ll know who’s entering and exiting.
- Deter Criminals: Of course, one of the most common reasons we install cameras is to prevent break-ins. Burglars are less likely to target homes with visible security cameras and will likely choose a more vulnerable house in the neighborhood.
- Recover Crime Footage: If something happens on your property, HD cameras will provide clear footage of the criminal’s face or license plate.
Camera Features to Look Out For
As you’re getting started, consider these points for the optimal camera system:
- Local or Cloud-Based Storage: Are you recording continuously or based on a trigger, like motion detection? You’ll need to make sure you either have enough storage space to keep important footage or enough Wi-Fi bandwidth for the cloud.
- High-Definition Picture Quality: In standard HD or 4K, you’ll be able to zoom in on images to identify a person or vehicle.
- Night Vision: Night vision is essential for quality video quality—unless you have motion-activated outdoor lighting.
- Two-Way Audio: Use your camera system like an intercom to hear and speak to whoever you see on the property.
- Sync Alarms or Floodlights: Further deter burglars off your property.
- An Easy-to-Use Mobile App: With a smart system app like Control4, all of your technology is accessible from one place.
Ready to start protecting your Orange County home? Launch Systems is your destination for all security camera installations. Contact us here for a free consultation to discuss your needs. We look forward to speaking with you!